The day after weights at the gym and I am struggling to shake my protein shake, yep you heard that right – I went to the gym AND I lifted a weight. It’s one of my many goals for 2018 💪🏼 get me some muscle! From the lack of posting you have probably realised I have had a few days rest from running since the NYE marathon, I guess that was enough to put anyone in the less than motivated camp. However, I have used my time wisely and of the many things I have been doing, planning my fitness goals for 2018 has been one of them.
As I have already said – no marathons for me this year but that doesn’t mean I don’t have aims. Firstly and perhaps most importantly, I am going to improve my general fitness and body conditioning which I have already begun and added to my spreadsheet. Gym 3 times a week for weight training and strengthening – on it 🏋🏻♀️ Alongside this is the improvement with my nutrition which has been forced on me with the many tummy issues I experience and therefore I am already on my way to improving this – on it 👍🏼.
Now, I am hoping that in turn both of these improvements will help with my running performances and I am hoping for some PB’s. I know this won’t happen overnight but I am happy to put the work in and I hope to start seeing results by April. I guess I need to turn these into SMART goals, so here goes:
- Get into a routine of going to the gym 3 times a week by the end of January 🏋🏻♀️🥊
- Under 25min parkrun by the end of February 🏃🏻♀️
- Improved general fitness and gain muscle weight, begin noticing body shape changes by end of March 💪🏼
- Parkrun PB by end of April 🎯
- 10mile PB by end of May 🎯
- 10k PB by the end of June 🎯
- Appearance of abs by end of July 💪🏼🤪
- Aim to be in top 3 of Spitfire Pairs in July 🥇🥈🥉
This will see me up until half way through the year at which point I will reflect on those above andadjust / set new ones accordingly.