The morning of 😨

At about 2:30am the nerves really hit when I woke up after having one of those drowning dreams 🤦🏻‍♀️. My husband was breathing loudly in his sleep and after about 20mins I wanted to smother him with a pillow (I didn’t). I did the classic get up for the loo whilst keeping my eyes closed to prevent me from waking up fully and then returned to my bed and lay there for a good hour feeling physically sick. I felt it was too early to check I had everything I needed and repack my bag, sure I’d be awake again at 4 anyway so I’d check it then 🙄.

I have no idea what time I drifted back off to sleep but I was awake again at 5:30, more weird dreams had been had and there was a huge knot in my stomach. Not only this but I’d slept on my front meaning I was barely able to move because my back was extremely stiff, I think this was gonna be the least of my worries by the end of the day. I had to shake off the imaginary niggles and headache I’d gained and I lay there waiting for my alarm to go off, reading supportive messages I’d received overnight.

6:15am my alarm sounds, I leave it going a little longer than necessary just to make sure my husband is awake 🙊 and I get up and recheck my bag. I have a pint of water to get through before we leave and although I don’t feel like I can stomach anything to eat I know I must have something so I opt for some flapjack – better than nothing right. I get dressed, recheck my bag and pace around the house until it’s time to leave.  One more panic check of my bag and we head to the start. Oh hang on, there’s just enough time for the loo again 🤦🏻‍♀️.

One thought

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s